6 Things To Do in Bangkok for 3 Days

by - 7:09 PM

So, here's the tea. I haven't traveled abroad that much because I'm basically broke. I've only visited Singapore in 2013 and Japan which is only blurred imagery because I was like 5 back then. That is why when my dad told us that we would have a sort of family trip to Bangkok, I couldn't contain my excitement. The only problem was, we only had 3 days to explore that city. Sounds challenging, huh? Bangkok offers too much intriguing city sightseeing. How was I supposed to fit those places in an itinerary for 3 days? Long story short, I made it as realistic as possible. So, did everything turn out the way we planned? Um, not really. We did a lot of modifications. That is the reason why I wouldn't put out here our complete itinerary, instead, I will mention a few things we actually did that I couldn't recommend enough. So, here they are.

1.  Shopping in Platinum Fashion Mall

I don't care if you are a fashion enthusiast or not, If you visit Bangkok, you have to shop in the Platinum Fashion Mall. I didn't get a chance to shop in Chatuchak, but I figured Platinum would be the better option to fulfill your fashion desire. You can buy anything from your basic needs to the thing you don't even realize you need. You can find shoes, clothes, bags, accessories and many more in good qualities with affordable tags. Most of them can get even cheaper if you are good at bargaining. 

The place is quite comfortable to walk around and the items are arranged well. There are clear directions thus it is unlikely to get lost. I also really appreciate the fact that Platinum provides a super comfy and clean prayer room even though it is not too spacious. Anyway, I totally forgot to take a picture of the mall (this what would happen if you get too excited). So, I'll show you this one from travelvui.com.


Shopping would not be delightful on an empty stomach. If it is lunch or dinner time, don't even bother looking for foods outside the mall. Platinum has a food court which serves endless choices. Everything looks so mouthwatering, even my nose was blessed. The only advice from me to my Muslim friends is to beware of nonhalal foods and drinks. Always look for the halal logo first before ordering anything, or don't order from the counter that has bacon and their friends on the menu. There are some Malay and Indian food counters you can try. My fam and I ordered biryani rice, chicken curry, tom yam, sour salad, mango sticky rice, and coconut water. Not to mention, you can try my most favorite Thai tea, Cha Tra Mue.



2.  Eating Thai street foods

When I visited Platinum, I was so lucky there was some kind of Muslim food festival along the road in front of the mall. So, we decided to have dinner there instead of at the food court. There were more ambrosial Malay, Indian, and Palestinian foods with the tantalizing smell wafting along the road. Everyone, not only Muslims, seemed to be having a good time walking around choosing which foods to eat. I'm not sure if the festival will always be there because the tents looked temporary. If you are at the Platinum and that festival no longer occurs, you can try street foods at Khao San Road which was one of the places I didn't have a chance to visit, but I heard so many good things about it. 


Address: 222 Phetchaburi Rd, Khwaeng Thanon Phetchaburi, Khet Ratchathewi, Krung Thep Maha Nakhon 10400, Thailand
Open (Platinum Mall): 8AM-9PM

3.  Enjoying the evening at After You Dessert Cafe

Let's move from Pratunam District to Siam. These two places don't connect with BTS. So, we ordered a Grab Car to get to Siam Square from our hotel (it is not far from Platinum Mall). Frankly, I don't really recommend to shop in Siam Square because it is just similar to other shopping centers in Jakarta. Indeed, they sell cute fashion stuff but I prefer Platinum considering the price tags. However, there are some spots you definitely have to give a visit to Siam Square. One of them is After You Dessert Cafe. The place is not too big but super comfy to spend the evening with your loved ones. Once you enter, you can tell it is one of the Thai young people's favorite spots to hang out.

They have a lot of delicious dessert options on their menu that might make you have a hard time to decide. But don't think too much, I couldn't recommend enough their signature shaved ice, kakigori. My favorite is this strawberry cheesecake kakigori. The ice is so soft and melts down perfectly, transforming into milk on your tongue. The strawberry juice is not too sour nor sweet. It is made straight from real strawberries, not from strawberry jam. If you take a look at this picture below, you might be wondering, where is the cheesecake? Um, well, it is in the ice! After digging almost half of the ice, you will find the cheesecake cover by cookie crumbs. It is another best thing that came into my mouth that evening. I also ordered their iced chocolate which was a perfect combination between sweetness and chocolate bitterness.



Address: G, Siam Paragon Shopping Center, 991 Rama I Rd, Khwaeng Pathum Wan, Khet Pathum Wan, Krung Thep Maha Nakhon 10330, Thailand

Open: 10AM-10.30PM

4.  Beauty shopping in Multy or Eve and Boy

While in Siam, it is a perfect time to shop for some makeup and skincare. If you want some budget-friendly beauty supplies, you can shop in Multy. But if you don't mind spending more, Eve and Boy would be the best choice. You can find Thai, Korean, or even Western products in both stores. I bought some lip tints, different kinds of masks, and moisturizers.

Related image 

Pics credit: twipu.com and sistacafe.com

Multy
Address: 392/10-11, 1st Floor Siam Square soi 5, Rama I Rd, Pathum Wan District, Bangkok 10330, Thailand
Open: 10.30AM-9PM

Eve and Boy
Address: 186/1-4 ถนน พระราม 1 ซอย สยามสแควร์ 7 Khwaeng Pathum Wan, Khet Pathum Wan, Krung Thep Maha Nakhon 10330, Thailand
Open: 10.30AM-9.30PM

5.  Playing with Brown and Cony at Line Village

Line Village is another unique and super adorable spot to visit. Prepare yourself to take lots of pictures with Brown and Cony. The only note I would give is the price may be too pricey and some people might think it is not worth it since the place doesn't offer that much. But I am personally satisfied with all the cuteness inside its installation.







6.  Being mesmerized by Buddhist temples

We completed our trip to Bangkok by visiting its heritage, temples. Well, at least that's what we expected. We planned to visit Wat Arun, Wat Pho, and Grand Palace but ended up only visited Wat Arun. I heard that Wat Arun and Wat Pho are not that different that is why I didn't regret it too much. I'm just still curious about Grand Palace since it's the place where the King lives. 






So, that was what we did for our 3-day trip to Bangkok. I am still looking forward to coming back since I haven't visited Khao San Road, Asiatique, and Grand Palace. I would also like to come back to Thailand to visit Pattaya. 

I hope this post would be informative and inspiring enough for all of you who are still arranging your itinerary to Bangkok. I wish you a fun and safe trip! Let's travel more!

- Wilda


You May Also Like

0 comments

FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM @WITHWILDA