[Movie] Best Korean Dramas! (+Curcol)

by - 6:50 PM

Okay, this post is not beauty or travel related, but I really feel like to write it down here. I have a lot of this thought toward something that I've been really digging into. It's about Korean drama. I know, I know. Maybe for some of you, this sounds cheesy. I mean, like, come on. Korean drama? Is that the only thing is on your mind right now? How come, woy? Haha, relax, it's not. Even, deep down my heart, I actually see K-drama as a toxic regarding how addictive it is. But, what can I do? I'm just a human being who can't resist a good quality drama (or good-looking Korean actors, hahaha). I'm not a big fan of any K-pop related. I don't like their boybands or girl bands. But, when it takes to K-drama, I adore the story. I adore how the scriptwriter plays the viewer's emotion. I adore the story that is unexpected and full of a box of surprises. I adore a K-drama with good plot twists. And of course, I can't say no to a K-drama with not only good-looking actors or actresses, but also with good acting skills. See? There are so many reasons why K-drama is so popular. I assure you, regardless how much you don't like K-pop as I do, once you've found a soul-capturing drama, you will never be able to get rid out of your mind and will always asking for more! Moreover, for me, K-drama or any other entertainments such as movie or novel, are something that can take me to a different world where I don't have to worry about my problems or my obligations for a moment. So, it's a very good soul and mind healing :)

Okay, I'm not even getting closer to the end of this post, guys, hahaha. In this post, I want to share some of the best K-dramas according to my obviously-not-Korean drama-expert eye. So, keep reading!

1. Suspicious Partner (2017)


Let's start with the one that made me fall in love with K-drama again. It is..... Suspicious Partner. Okay. I was actually a big fan of K-drama since junior high school. But, when I was in high school, I didn't have much time to watch them. Then, when I became a college student, I have more spare time, especially when 3-months-holiday comes. One day, I really didn't have many things to do. So, I decided to explore Iflix. I saw Suspicious Partner's poster. I thought its genre was a pure comedy because the poster looks cute and fun. But, I was wrong. 

It is about a prosecutor who falls in love with his suspect. The conflicts grow when Noh Ji Wook (Ji Chang Wook) sacrificed his job as a prosecutor to save Eun Bong hee (Nam Ji Hyun) from the accusation while the real serial killer still out there. But, don't worry. You will still get comedy and romance scenes. I don't usually like law-themed movie or tv series because most of them are so serious and boring. But, this one is an exception. I love the fact that the story is unpredictable. I enjoy following how Ji Wook and Bong Hee solve every case and chase the real killer. Most of all, of course, Ji Chang Wook's face is another reason why I couldn't stop spending hours in front of my laptop to watch this drama. Like, OMG. He is so handsome, masculine, and cute at the same time. I can't... even... ugh. So, yeah, definitely, one of the best K-drama that is worth to watch! 

2. Healer (2014-2015)


Okay, prepare yourself for the charming Ji Chang Wook's drama again. This is Healer! After Suspicious Partner, I couldn't move on from his charisma. So, I searched for his other drama. I watched The K2, but it is too serious, too political, and too many fights. So, I decided to try to watch Healer and.... boom! I was so blown away. 

It's also about politic, but it's not difficult to follow the story. It's about a secret night courier, Seo Jung Hoo or Healer (Ji Chang Wook), who protects a reporter, Chae Young Shin (Park Min Young), from the danger of her investigation. Once again, this is a kind of drama that has an unpredictable story. There are so many surprises which made my jaw drop, such as when Ki Young Jae is dead. I didn't see that coming, bruh. I also like the fact that in this movie, Ji's role is pictured as a strong and good fighter, while still has fragile sides, unlike in The K2 where his role is as a flawless slash perfect man who always wins every fight. One of his fragile sides is showed when Ki Young Jae is dead, even the strong Healer can be so desperate. Or when after the first time he kissed Young Shin, he stumbled on his feet. I mean, come on, you can win a lot of battles, save Young Shin from the falling elevator, but you're that shook after kissing your crush? I wanna cry.... 
There are many other surprises which will mix your feelings. Watching this drama, you will cry, laugh, worry, and go on. Hands down!

3. Another Miss Oh (2016)


Let's move on to a drama with the more simple story. Unlike two previous drama we've talked about, you don't have to think that hard to follow this one's story. There is no complicated plot twist, but still captivating. I watched it on Tvn after seeing its interesting commercial. 

This drama is about a sound director, Park Do Kyung (Eric Mun) who suddenly has visions of a stranger, Oh Hae Young (Seo Hyun Jin). Everything becomes complicated when turns out, a girl on his visions has the same name and also has a complex connection with his ex who left him on their wedding day. 

There are a lot of comedy scenes which will make you laugh out loud. But, of course, it can't be called a drama if there are not heartbreaking scenes, right? Highly recommended to watch!

4. Fight for My Way (2017)


I think the reason why I like this drama a lot is that I can relate to the story. This drama is about four best friends against all difficulties in their lives. I was so overwhelmed by Ko Dong Man (Park Seo Joon) and Choi Ae Ra's (Kim Ji Won) effort to live their life on their own way without caring what other people say. They refuse to give up to pursue their dream. The struggle of finding a job, I mean, who doesn't relate to it? It's also fun to watch the longtime friendship of immature Dong Man and Ae Ra which slowly becomes love. 

I feel like this is my most favorite drama of Park Seo Joon (sorry What's Wrong with Secretary Kim's fans). I like his role's personality here. Dong Man is an immature and funny guy (or in bahasa, I will call it slengean). But, when it takes to his dream as a boxer or when her secret crush, Ae Ra, is treated badly, he takes it so seriously. His perfect imperfections make the role looks more "human" than in What's Wrong with Secretary Kim.

I also wouldn't know that Park Seo Joon and Kim Ji Won will look super cute as a couple (okay, now I became that cringy fans who wants their fav couple in drama becomes real. This is unhealthy).
So, yeah, another highly recommended drama to watch this weekend! (Or whenever you are gabut, hahaha)

Yup, those are my favorite Korean dramas or (for me) best ones so far. They are that kind of drama which stays on my mind for quite a long time after watching it. Every episode never fails to attract my attention. Their scores? Definitely, 85+++!

I also want to recommend to you some other dramas I've watched which are worth to be recommended as well. Here they are.
> Guardian: The Lonely and Great God (Goblin) (2016-2017) 
> She Was Pretty (2015)
> Reply 1997 (2012)
> It's Okay, That's Love (2014)
> Princess Hours (2006)

Okay, I have to end this post here because it's already long enough. I hope this post will help you to choose one. Thank you so much for passing by. I see you on my next post. xo.

- Wilda Khairani



You May Also Like

0 comments

FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM @WITHWILDA