[Review] Nyx Lingerie Liquid Matte Lipstick

by - 9:47 PM


Welcome to the second post of makeup review in this blog which still dedicated to the love of my life: liquid lipstick! On this post, I'm gonna talk about one of my most favorite drugstore liquid lipstick ever. It is Nyx Lingerie Liquid Matte Lipstick! This lipstick is not a brand new one, but I still want to share my thoughts on this. So, let's get started.



Packaging and Applicator
Let's start this review by talking about its packaging. Nyx Lingerie's packaging reminds me a lot to Kylie Lip Kit. Both of their bottles have the same height and shape. Even, their fonts which are written in italic type, are so similar. But, yeah, it's only a matter of packaging. It's not the most crucial part of a lipstick. So, for me, it's not really a big deal.

For the applicator, it's that kind of pointed one, it makes the application so easy. I like this kind of applicator because I won't mess up when applying the product on the corner of my lips.



Formulation
Moving on to the most important part when it comes to liquid lipstick, which is the formulation. Nyx Lingerie has a quite thick consistency. Therefore, this lipstick is pigmented enough to cover up your real lips color. It glides on smoothly on your lips. I also love the fact that this lipstick doesn't have any annoying smell. I am that one person who can't use any beauty product which has a strong smell because I can be dizzy or queasy easily. In fact, it almost doesn't have any smell at all. 

Nyx Lingerie has a dead matte finish. So, if you're into this kind of matte liquid lipstick like I am, you're totally gonna love this. It is smudge-proof and waterproof. Trust me, this lipstick will stay on your lips for all day long, but, of course, if you don't eat any greasy foods. I love the longevity of this product. So, I don't have to touch up that often. But, don't worry, this lipstick can be removed effortlessly by any oil-based makeup remover. 

Sadly, just like any other super matte liquid lipstick, Nyx Lingerie can quite be drying, especially if you have chapped lips. But, for me, it's not that too drying. My lips can handle it. The dryness is not that bad compared to Colourpop Matte Liquid Lipstick. 

On my lips, when it gets dry, it becomes so smooth. It almost feels like I don't use any liquid lipstick. But the downside, it feels a little bit sticky. When the first time I wear this lipstick, it made my lips not comfortable at all. But, I don't know why, the more I wear it, the more I can get used to it. Now, I don't really mind that slightly sticky feeling. 



Swatches
Nyx Lingerie can be called as the nude series of Nyx. It consists of 12 beautiful and wide range of nude shades. Either you are fair or dark, you will definitely find your perfect nude which suits your skin tone. 

I have four shades: Bedtime Flirt, Ruffle Trim, Exotic, and Seduction. Here are the swatches. 


Top to bottom: Exotic, Seduction, Ruffle Trim, Bedtime Flirt

Bedtime Flirt becomes a very light nude pink on my lips. It is actually too light for my skin tone. If I wear it, I'm gonna look pale as hell. But, this shade is perfect when I want to create ombre lips. I usually use it as a base, then top it off with Girlactik in shade Allure on the center of my lips. 

Ruffle Trim is a very interesting coral nude color. It has an exact color as my skin. If I wear it, I look like I don't use any lipstick. That is why this one is my go-to lipstick when I have smokey eye makeup. 

Seduction is definitely my most fav out of these four. It is a darker version of Ruffle Trim. Even though I'm not wearing full makeup, this one will not make me look pale. That is why Seduction is my go-to everyday lipstick. I literally use it every day. That is how much I love this shade.

Exotic is my second fav after Seduction. Finally, I have found a rosy red lipstick, but still wearable for the everyday look. I use this whenever I want to have red lips, but not that bold. 

Overall, I really love Nyx Lingerie Liquid Matte Lipstick. Regardless of its downsides, I still appreciate this one. For a $7 (or Rp135.000,00 in rupiah) liquid lipstick, this one is truly worth it to try!


To sum up, here are the plus and minus of this product.

(+)
Super pigmented
Longlasting
Perfect for a nude lover
Doesn't have a smell
Affordable
Easy to find

(-)
Slightly sticky
Can be too drying

So, have you tried this Nyx Lingerie Liquid Matte Lipstick?

- Wilda Khairani




You May Also Like

0 comments

FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM @WITHWILDA