[Review] Milani Amore Matte Lip Creme #Loved

by - 10:47 AM

Hi, welcome to my blog!


Prepare yourself for another liquid lipstick review! On this post, I’m gonna introduce you to my most favorite matte liquid lipstick from US drugstore brand, it is Milani Amore Matte Liquid Lip Creme! I have so many good things to talk about this lipstick. But, as usual, let’s start by taking a look at its packaging.



Packaging and Applicator

Okay, first of all, this is not a brand new liquid lipstick. If you are into US makeup, you must have known or at least have heard about this lipstick. I believe it has been out there in the market for a quite long time, maybe since 2015? I am not really sure, but one thing does matter, whenever you have started to find out about this lipstick, you must be attracted by its packaging, right? It was exactly the reason why I tried this lipstick in the first place anyway. I mean, come on, can you take a look at it for a sec? This is the most luxurious-looking lipstick I’ve ever seen haha. But, the fact that it doesn’t cost that much, really blows my mind.

As you can see, the cap is beautifully covered by gold material. On the bottle, because it is made by clear transparent glass, we can see inside of this lipstick. There is "Milani" logo which is also written in sort of gold ink. On the bottom of the bottle, we can see its number and name of the shade.

The applicator is straight and has a blunt end. I actually prefer the pointed one to simplify the application, especially to apply the lipstick to the corner of my lips. But, I still can work with it, so that it won’t be a big problem.


Formulation

Let’s jump right into the formulation. Who’s agree that this is an important aspect of liquid lipstick? Yup, no doubt. Besides of its packaging, I’m in love with this lipstick because of its formulation. Let me tell you this, Milani Amore Matte Lip Creme has the best formulation! It has a super matte finish. But, the craziest thing is, it is not drying at all! Once it sets on your lips, all you can feel is just comfort. It feels like you are not wearing any lipstick at all, yes, it is that lightweight. But, when you touch your lips, you must know that you are wearing lipstick because they feel so soft. The pigmentation is not a joke. You just have to dip once to cover your overall lips. It is also super smudge-proof and waterproof like it will never go away from your lips. But, of course, like any other liquid lipstick out there, it will be fading if you eat something oily or greasy.

Sadly, there is a downside of its formulation. The smell is so strong and sort of disturbing. It lingers for a quite long time. As a person who doesn’t stand to any makeup or skincare product with annoying artificial fragrance, I’m quietly overwhelmed by it. It’s such a bomber because I already fell in love that hard to this lipstick. My love has to be decreased a little bit only because of its smell.

If you feel the same, don’t be sad. I will tell you how to overcome it.
DO NOT APPLY IT TOO MUCH.
Usually, before I apply, I will reduce the amount of the lipstick which taken by the wand a little bit. Then, I’m gonna apply it only onto my bottom lip and even it to all over my upper lip. That way, the smell doesn’t bother me that much so I can breathe completely like a normal person.


Swatch

Here’s another thing about this lipstick. It has very limited color choices. Sadly, there are also limited colors for darker skin tone. It looks like they made the whole range only for fair skin. I don’t know either it’s true, but that is how I feel. So, it took me so hard when I first purchased this. But, my choice finally came to this rosy-red kind of shade called Loved. I wore this literally every day to campus or simply hang out with my friends (now, I already ran it out). It gave me that healthy and natural looking lips. It is a perfect shade for my not-too-dark-nor-too-fair skin tone. And I think this is a wearable color for every skin tone too!


To complete this review, here are some of the summary points.

(+)
  • Affordable! I bought this around Rp120.000,00 and I believe it must be cheaper outside Indonesia.
  • Liquid lipstick with the best matte formulation. It deserves more recognition so much.
  • Comfortable, lightweight, non-drying, smudge-proof, waterproof, longlasting.
(-)
  • Limited color choices.
  •  Has a strong smell.
  • Blunt applicator.


So, have you tried this liquid lipstick? Share your thought in the comment section below.
Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope this review would be helpful!


- Wilda




You May Also Like

0 comments

FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM @WITHWILDA