[Review] Jo Malone London Peony & Blush Suede Cologne

by - 10:32 PM

Hi, welcome to my blog!

I was having a good time while shooting this perfume. I was collaborating with one of my best buds. One day, she asked me to have a product photoshoot together. She is a photography student, of course, I said, yes. I'm sure she would know what she is doing and I expected I would get some photography lessons from her. She came to my home with a backpack filled up with her photography and lighting gear. She also brought various colors of backgrounds in her tote bag. We met some difficulties while finding the perfect set for the lighting at first. But, by the time we had adjusted to it, we were having our own times. Time went so fast for sure when you spend your time with people whose passion is the same as yours.







This post was actually intended only to become my portfolio from that photoshoot. But, it would not qualified enough for this blog if it wasn't completed with the review, right? So, here I am, trying to describe this perfume as best as I could with my amateur nose because obviously, I'm not a professional perfume expert. 

The essence of charm. Peonies in voluptuous bloom, exquisitely fragile. Flirtatious with the juicy bite of red apple and the opulence of jasmine, rose and gillyflower. Mingling with the sensuality of soft, blush suede. Luxurious and seductive.

Description from Jo Malone Website

If I have to describe this perfume only with one word, I would definitely say, floral! Peony & Blush has a very soft and smooth floral scent. It's not that kind of floral scent which is fresh nor sweet. It is just.... a very calming floral. I get spring vibes whenever I wear this fragrance. It could make you feel like you are in a flower garden full of roses and jasmines. 

I actually prefer the English Pear and Freesia one because it is fresher than Peony & Blush and could lift up my mood. I think Peony & Blush is more suitable for older ladies around 30 something. In fact, I can imagine Peony & Blush as a fragrance that my mom would like and wear. 

Price tag apparently doesn't lie. This is the most long lasting perfume I've ever tried. It lasts all day long. Not to mention, it comes with this luxury (instagrammable) bottle, high-quality box, and good looking goodie bag. If you are a packaging freak like me, purchasing this perfume is gonna be so satisfying (well, honestly, this perfume is my sister's hahaha). No doubt, it's a full package of joy. 







 Special thanks to:
- My friend, Muthi, for making this photoshoot happened (reach her on Ig @muthiats_)
- My sister whom (sort of) lent us her pricey perfume without her knowing hahaha

Have a delightful day, everyone!

- Wilda






You May Also Like

0 comments

FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM @WITHWILDA